Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"It's Complicated" Kitchen (and other rooms)


image via Traditional Home

One of the things I did over the long weekend was watch a bunch of movies that I had been wanting to see for a long time. One of them was the hilarious and heart breaking It's Complicated with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin.

I always notice set design in movies, but this one in particular really pulled me in. I wanted to be in that house, eating a meal cooked by Jane (Streep's character) and get comfy in that living room. The house has an easy elegance that is welcoming and comfortable. The kitchen was wonderful because it wasn't perfect. It feels European and relaxed. Some images from Universal Pictures and Traditional Home:








Living room

master bedroom
image via Traditional Home


My favorite - an enfilade!
image via Traditional Home


image via Traditional Home

Tonight I'm cooking Jake's favorite meal from the movie- Roasted Chicken, green beans and potatoes. My DH will be thrilled! If it's all beautiful I'll take photos and post them tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with that set. I love the arch going into the kitchen. Did you notice the dent in the refrigerator? I loved that... It made it so real. You should listed to the skirted roundtable podcast with the set designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you said it. the kitchen is fantastic because it's not perfect. but then again, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cozy, homey, these rooms! A fun look at the way others live...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's with the orange glow? No problem with orange but is the move have that tint?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's the warm light they shot it in for the magazine (Trad Home). The movie has a warm lighting, but not as orange as these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be a fun kitchen to cook in. Love the comfort of this home; thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete