Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pretty, Shiny Things

Being the magpie that I am, thought I'd share some of the bright, shiny things that have caught my eye this week.

Amazing 1971 Mercedes - perfection - beauty pure and simple, still owned by original owner, almost caused me to have a wreck when I saw it and stopped to snap this photo.



This wallpaper from Schumacher (comes in 6 colorways)



Iron hand rail on the front steps of the Swan House



Everything by designer Amelia Handegan, but especially this room - I carried the picture around with me when we were building our house. I found the picture again this week - it always inspires me.



I've been thinking about windows this week, thanks to this post by Things That Inspire, so I had to post this image of a perfect window in a house by architect Gil Schafer.



Reminds me of my own windows, designed by architect Brad Heppner (lots of humility going on here)!




Enjoy the day, and don't forget to notice the beautiful things all around you!

3 comments:

  1. Those good looking windows are good nearly everywhere and for nearly all times. Gil Schafer's Greek revival farm house makes me sleep well. (Norm interviewed Gil and showed it on "This Old House."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gil Schafer's website is amazing! Worth spending some time perusing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a magpie keeps life interesting - it's fun to see what caught you eye this week! This would be a fun weekly feature.

    ReplyDelete